Friday, June 10, 2011

I Don't Understand the Hype of Ryan Harrow Transferring to Kentucky

Yahoo Sports is making this big deal about former North Carolina St. Point Guard Ryan Harrow transferring to Kentucky. Harrow mentions that he contacted Derrick Rose and John Wall and this is what he said about it: “Their games are kind of like mine,” There's only one difference Ryan. They were each the best point guard in their class, and you were not even in the top five for your position.

Harrow started most of the year for the Wolfpack but didn't even average ten points a game. He said, "Calipari let me know he wanted me to be here, but he said I’ll have to work hard for everything I receive. Things aren’t just going to be handed to me. He didn’t promise me anything, but he said as long as I work hard and do what I’m capable of doing then I’ll be fine here.”

This is how I see it. there's a reason he didn't promise you anything. In the past four years, he's brought in the best point guard twice and the number two twice. I find it hard to believe that Cal doesn't bring in the best point guard for the 2013 season (Harrow has to sit out a year for transferring. So they way I see it, Harrow is giving up his starting job on a team on the rise to sit out a year and then be a back up to a top 5 at worst ten pick in that year's NBA Draft. I would love to be in this guy's head right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment