Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NBA Draft: The Commish's Favorites

Kyrie Irving looks to be the #1 Pick
All of these players my not be superstars, but these are the guys I like in the draft:

1. Kyrie Irving- Irving is almost a lock at the #1 spot in he draft. The Dukie is a pure Point Guard by all means. He's a great passer, runs the transition game perfect, can score in almost every way, is extremely quick, and plays great defense. It looks like he will be a Cavalier along with a big guy like Enes Kanter. He will be a bright spot for the Cavs future.

2. Enes Kanter- Even though many people haven't seen this guy play, Enes moves extremely well for a 6'11 guy. At Hoop Summit last year, he outplayed Jared Sullinger, and Sullinger would probably have been a top 5 pick this year. I don't think he's as much of a risk as the average Joe at the bar may say he is.

3. Bismack Biyombo- A lot of services have him right around the top ten. I wouldn't take him there. I see him as a high teen pick. His explosiveness is off the charts. I can see teams that need a high flying big man reach for him in the top ten and understand it, but he is still a little bit raw. His mid to long range game needs some work, but he can swat anything in sight and goes strong to the rim. I think he willl do exceptionally well running the floor.

4. Tyler Honeycutt- For some reason I really like this guy. he's a great match up at Small Forward standing at 6'9. He's smooth and is constantly moving on offense. Known as a streaky shooter in college, I think he can really step up and be a big time player. He plays with a high basketball IQ and has a good mid range pull up. I would not be upset if the Celtics snagged him in the first (they just better find some big men through trades, other draft pick, or free agency).

Tomorrow will be the highest Risk Reward Players

No comments:

Post a Comment