Monday, June 13, 2011

NBA Draft: Prospects I don't Trust in Their Projected Slot

Two of these three make the list
With the NBA Draft this month, I'm going to cover it a lot. This article is prospectsthat I'm not sold on as players in the NBA:

1. Kemba Walker- It seems he will be a lock in the top ten and maybe a top five pick. I just don't see him being great. I compare him to a poor man's version of Ben Gordon. He should be able to score a decent amount (a best around 15 points a game during his peak), but I don't see him doing much as a defender in the NBA. Don't get me wrong, he's an incredible college player, but you think he will be able to separate himself from  a 6'6 guy compared to Butler's little minions.

2. Jimmer Freddette- Jimmer was probably my favorite non Duke player this year but him in the lottery I don't see as a good choice. Word as there's no way he gets by the Pacers at 15. This draft does suck and severely lacks scorers, so I guess that's why he will go that early. I see him as a JJ Reddick, a quality shooter off the bench that can give good spurts. He will struggle defensively and will run some point, but a top 15 pick? Not so much.

3. Chris Singleton- A lot of mocks have him right around the number ten pick. This really is a sign of the weakness in this draft. He's got great height 6'10 and has an inside out game, but he wasn't outstanding in any aspect in college. He played on a sub par team and was suppose to be be the go to guy but only averaged a mediocre 13 points and 6.8 rebounds. That's not a guy who I see being an instant impact (not necessarily starting right away but playing) on a team.

Tomorrow I will do a segment on guys who I think are a steal at their draft spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment