Friday, June 17, 2011

NBA Draft: The Commish's First Round Mock Draft

First of all I have to give credit to ESPN. I love their mock draft machine thing. Here's some looks from me with some reasoning behind what I did.


  • A lot of people are gonna be surprised by the dip I have in Derrick Williams. Yeah he's explosive and people say he can play either Power or Small Forward, but I think he won't be great at either. Also the TWolves have Kevin Love secure at the Power (he's no Center), and I think Beasley can blossom into a very good player. Utah has way too much in both forward spots so that's why I have him sliding to number four with the Cavs.
  • I think the best addition for the T Wolves is at the Center or Shooting Guard spot, and just look at the draft. There's no prime time shooting guard. Enes Kanter can be an All Star Center.
  • My biggest decision was with the Raptors pick. It comes up to do they like Bayless or not? I'm just siding with I'm not a fan of Kemba Walker. Jan Vesely is a great inside out player that is most noted for his non stop motor. If they take Kemba then either Kawhi Leonard or Vesely will go to the Kings. 
  • If what I put happens that means the Kings are gonna have to reach because they need a scorer. It would be between Thompson, Burks, and Jimmer.
  • Utah is going to get a shooter or Point Guard because they are swamped with their bigs. Alec Burks and Jimmer are all the rave there.
  • Either way, analysts say there's no way Jimmer gets past the Pacers.
  • Bismack Biyombo is a great run the floor Center and will give the Suns some defense they definitely need.
  • The 76ers need a Center since they're loaded with tweeners and no depth at Center.
  • I will never think twice about D'Antoni going foreign with his Italian ties.
  • Singler is a great safe pick for the Thunder givina lack g them looks at Power and Small Forward.
  • I think Selby could be a great replacement for kid when he puts away the kicks. I love Barea but don't see him as a everyday starter in this league. He's more of an energy booster off the bench. A much better version of Eddie House when he was  with the Celtics.
  • I think Honeycutt is steal this late and would be a nice fit with the nets since he can play the Small Forward or Shooting Guard.
  • The Bulls can stock up with an foreign guy who has good potential and a great combo guard in Nolan Smith to pick up Rose and Bogans. I could see Smith breaking into the starting line up in three years.
  • With the success of Manu how can the Spurs resist Bertans.

No comments:

Post a Comment